Terms that are used in the trafficking and safe migration sector
- Any law, policy, practice or action which is opposed to human trafficking.
- Child labour
- The employment of children in any work that deprives them of their childhood, interferes with their education, or that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and/or harmful.
- Domestic servitude
- The state of being a slave or completely subject to someone, within the home environment.
- The action of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work.
- Human trafficking
- The recruitment, transportation, harbouring or receipt of persons by means of threat or use of force or other forms of abuse or deception for the purpose of exploitation.
- The movement of people across an international border or within a State away from a habitual place of residence.
- Modern slavery
- The threat or use of force, coercion, abduction, abuse of power, deception which results in the person providing a service for benefit.
- The illegal movement of goods or persons across a border.
- A person who has been subjected to forms of exploitation or trafficking.